The K-MD2 is a high-end 3D Radar transceiver with 3 receiving channels and a low phase noise, PLL controlled transmitter. The target information from the 3 receive antennas is digitized and the high speed digital signal processing performs range and doppler FFT’s with an update rate of 20 measurements per second.
Using the serial interface, many operating parameters as frequency, bandwidth and repetition rate can be adjusted. Results are available in target list format as well as in raw Range-Doppler matrices. Ethernet as well as a serial communication interface is implemented.
• Measure heartbeat
• Breathing rate
• Automatic light activation
• Air-conditioning active if room is occupied
• Detection movement in room
• Measure distance to object
• Activate light on advertising boards
• Attract attention to an object
• Inform driver of his actual speed
• Measure distances between vehicles